Green Climate Fund Pacific Regional Structured Dialogue
The goal of the meetings is to enhance the Pacific Island's engagement with the GCF to deliver upon Pacific Island Country low carbon- high resilience development goals.
The Programme will focus on:
1. Increasing understanding of the GCF and the opportunities for Pacific Island countries
2. Further developing the Pacific Island Roadmap for engagement with the GCF. How is the sPacific progressing as a region? Identification of common regional goals. Pacific Coordination and the role of regional agencies.
3. Progressing country programming- moving from a brief to a full GCF Country Programme (CP), providing clarity on the role of an Entity Work Plan (EWP) and how it relates to the Country Programme, and providing information on the role of an NDA in coordinating CPs and EWPs.
4. Increasing the understanding of the roles of different stakeholders in the GCF process (NDAs, AEs, Private sector, Development partners and others)
5. Enhancing Private Sector engagement in the Pacific
6. increasing understanding of what happens after approval (ie addressing conditions, Accreditation Master Agreements, Funded Activity Agreements)
7. Sharing best practices, including institutional strengthening, no objection procedures.